Activities for My Home
Submit your All About Me ideas!!
- Share the concept that we all live in different homes. Not all are alike.
Show pictures of different homes; including Oscar the Grouch (trash can), Tarzan
(tree house), and the possibility of living in outer space. Ask the children to
tell about their homes. Draw pictures of their homes to display.
- Box House- Get a large appliance box. Cut windows and a door. If you would like
a roof, tape two squares of cardboard together and tape or staple to sides. Let the children
decorate the house. "Bricks" can be cut from red paper and glued onto the box. The
walls can be colored with crayons, markers, or paint. Make shingles for the roof or
cover with brown paper. Use your center furniture for the house.
- Homes I Like- Provide magazines so children can cut out homes, rooms, appliances and
furniture. They can glue these pieces on large construction paper and stapled together
as a booklet. A cover could be made and labeled "Things in My Home".
- My Home is Special- Make a "My Home is special because..." chart. Encourage children
to name a special thing about their home.
- Room Match- Collect several boxes and label with rooms in home. Cut objects from
magazines and catalogs that go into each room. The children will sort the objects by placing
them into appropriate boxes.
- Coloring Pages for My Home:
(Pictures will open into another window)
More to come later
Chair and Ottoman
Washer & Dryer
Back to My Family and Home
Back to All About Me
Back to Thematic Pages
Free Printables for Spring and Summer
***Parents and Teachers***
Click on the banner below to find great educational sites!!
Education and family-site webmasters, join the 100 Top Sites for Teacher and Parent Resources (TAP)!
Make your pet a STAR!! Send in pet pictures and stories and I will post them!! Click on the banner below
to see the PET STARS!!