Activities for My Body
Submit your All About Me ideas!!
- Brain- Discuss what the brain does--thinking, emotions, helping us move,
speak, see, hear, play music, draw, etc. Brains need to be protected. How does your
body help protect the brain? The skull helps protect the brain. How can people
help protect the brain? Seatbelts, helmets, etc. help protect the brain.
- Play games such as "Show Me". The teacher names a body part. Then the children
point to it on their own body. Finding whole bodies in magazines, the children name the
- Vocabulary for Body Parts Study:
- Riddles. Examples: I am a part of the body that can kick a ball.
- Trace around bodies on butcher paper. Write body part names. Display.
- Skeleton- Discuss that the skeleton is the framework of the body. It holds the body up.
The joints allow the body to turn and bend. Have students feel their bones. See if they
can count their ribs. Have X-rays to show the children.
- Muscles- Discuss that you need muscles to move your bones so you can run, walk and dance.
You need muscles to smile, wink your eye, and to scratch your nose. Have students
put their hands on their cheeks and smile. See if they can feel the muscles working.
Go outside and exercise the muscles by doing running, hopping, jumping, and throwing
- Heart- Discuss that the heart moves all the blood around to carry food and oxygen
to all parts of your body. Have the children feel the pulse in their necks. Use a stethoscope so
that they can hear their hearts beat.
- Rebecca sent in this great "All About Me" idea for the first of school year. Thanks, Rebecca!
I like to do this at the beginning of the school year. We do a page
about my special name. I bring in a baby book to look up what their
special name means and write it down to add to a book. We also
use a mirror to look to see what color our eyes and hair colors are
then we chart these. At the end of the week we send these books home.
Sherry submitted this great idea to use for the beginning of an "All About Me" unit. Thanks, Sherry!
Young children love their names and love to see them everywhere! For the beginning of All About me we are going to write the
child's name of cardstock and then they are going to decorate them. They are also going to cut the letters out of magazines
that are in their name and assemble them on paper!
Back to My Body
Back to All About Me
Back to Thematic Pages
Free Printables for Spring and Summer
***Parents and Teachers***
Click on the banner below to find great educational sites!!
Education and family-site webmasters, join the 100 Top Sites for Teacher and Parent Resources (TAP)!
Make your pet a STAR!! Send in pet pictures and stories and I will post them!! Click on the banner below
to see the PET STARS!!