Visitors are asking for suggestions:
- Mel writes, "I was planning on going as a gothic fallen fairy. I'm not sure what kind of bottom to wear. My top is a black vest that kinda has a old military look to it. My wing are going to be made from craft wire with black tights with holes in them. I'm also wearing my hair down, hair sprayed black with red streeks in it. Any other ideas?
Tori writes to help Mel above, "This is for the girl who was having trouble with her costume bottom.... try a black, semi-ripped
poofy skirt with black or red flounces underneath. trust me, it looks really good with the vest! :)" Thanks, Tori!
Chrystal helps Mel also, "Seeing how you are going to be a fallen goth angel I would suggest that you get an old black skirt any
length you are comfortable with and shred it to your desired length. You could also wear some black tights underneath for some
extra coverage if you want."
Franny writes, "i have a green tie and black and white shirt with black pants. How can I make this a punk angel?
Alexz has an answer for you, Franny! "You could try maybe making the pants a bit more punkish, with some skater logos
or pins on it. Wear any white t-shirt with the vest over it. Wear the tie proudly. Try using a skateboard too. For wings,
I'm not sure, but that pretty-much covers the rest of the costume".
Heather adds, "You could also find some black wings!
Emma writes, "I want do this 80's rocker chick thing for our halloween dance at my middle school. But I want to look cute, not
like crazy. What can I wear? I really need some ideas!!"
To Emma, "I saw a shirt at Macys. It was cute! It said "Sweet O'l Rocker." I thought it was cute!?
I don't know if you would like it?!--from Dido
And writes, "I wore a black netting shirt from Hot Topic with a white shirt underneath (contrasting color). There are also a lot of random rocker chick shirts
at those kind of stores if you're going for a different look."
Shelby wants to be a "Modern" Tooth Fairy. "My frend and I want to be a MODERN tooth fairy not with like the tutu but big
baggy pj pants. We will still have wings but what else would make the costume modern like 21st century?"
Kristin helps Shelby: "Get a nice, white shirt with a decoration that incorporates something with teeth. You could also make a
nice crown or something that would just be a circle that you could place on your head (if you know what I mean). You could also
get a white messenger bag (or some other type of modern bag) and label it "Teeth."
Gina answers Shelby's question: "Dear Shelby for that tooth fairy idea you should have silver rubber paints! A white or black shirt."
Pg gives another solution to the modern tooth fairy costume, "To be a modern tooth fairy - You need to carry around with you something
other than coins in a bag. Nowadays kids would expect something other than a quarter under their pillow. Maybe carry around a
small bag with fake credit cards or ATM cards"
Another idea--Melissa writes, "If you wanna do a modern tooth fairy, try wearing scrubs with dental stuff on it and wings.
- Laura writes, "I'm a preteen and I want to be a pirate but I don't want to be little kiddish (no fringy pants) or too adultish
(meaning high heels and belly shirts) What do I wear?"
Kitty writes, "Do you know what spats are? Spats are just sort of tubs of faux or real leather you put over shoes of a matching color to make them look like boots. Wear black pants, kinda loose, like gauchos. A button down shirt, maybe w/ ruffled sleeves and a ruff of lace at the collar (just buy some lace and safety pin it to your shirt once it has been buttoned up) a bandana or tricorn hat on your head, and an eyepatch (WARNING: covering one of you eyes may mess w/ your depth perception, so only wear one if you are trick-or-treating w/ friends.) FOr a trick-or-treat bag, just use an old pillowcase labeled "LOOT", and, if you have face paint,and are willing to look like a guy, sponge it on in speckles on your chin to look like a five-o'-clock shadow."
- Mia wants to be a fairy. She writes, "I want to be a fairy but I don't know how to jazz it up so it can be unique--
any ideas???? please heelp!!"
Cgl writes, "This year I'm being a fairy and to help "jazz" it up I got a pair of cheap white and red tights and cut then to fit my arms from my wrist to my
elbow. Then i got a sparkly silver belt to put around a shortish red dress that was torn up at the bottom.
- Ashley writes, "I need help with my costume. I have a green apple colored dress but I don't know what to do or what to be!!!! I NEED HELP BAD!!!!!!!"
Jennie gives Ashley the idea of Tinkerbell. She writes, "for ashley,who needs an idea for her green dress (# 57): wear the green dress with white shoes. Put a large white pompom on the front of each shoe, and if youre not blonde-spray paint your hair-and put it in a bun. And dont forget your wings and fairy dust! :]"
- Kimberly writes, "I want to bee (LOL!) a Cute Little Bee. I am 14 and I was thinking of using black leggings underneath, but i need help with the bee art.
- Madi writes, "I want to be a Rainbow but I don't know what to wear. I have some ideas...but not alot. I want to be cute, but not too cute. HELP!!!
- Tatiana writes, "I want to be a Pink Lady from Grease for a party but don't want to buy an outfit. Any ideas? & any 60's styles will work too!
Amy writes with some ideas for Tatiana..."Tatiana, wear a poodle skirt with a button down white shirt with long sleeves. Also wear a pony tail with a scarf. Wear earrings and other jewlrey."
- Kingsize writes, "I want to be a 50's girl!!!! I need some costume ideas like a poodle skirt etc."
Lola answers Kingsize's question: "For a poodle skirt I would go to a craft store and buy either felt or a thick fabric and just simply measure around your waist before you buy it ( if you choose to do this you'll need to know how to sew). Then buy a poodle applique. For a top I would wear a white button down and if you could find one, a pink jacket that cinches at the waist. For shoes I'd wear sneakers such as Converse, and white bobby socks. For hair, a high ponytail & scarf."
- Ava writes, "I want to be Alice of Wonderland's evil twin sister. Any ideas?
- Morgan writes, "I wanna be a Goth. I've got knee-high black boots, a ruffled black skirt and black makeup. What are some ways I can vamp this up and make a super cute goth costume?
- Lala writes, "I want to be a 80s girl. I have a friend providing a tutu, and I have neon colored leggings, my bottom is pretty much covered, but my top, from my waist up, I need help! PLEASE! any suggestions?
- Jasmine writes, "I dont know! Halloween is only 20 days away and I have no clue what to be.
I don't want to be anything like a angel, fairy, etc. I want to be something unique. Every year my high school has a costume contest and I want to be something EXTRA ordinary. PLEASE PLEAASE!
- Castro writes, "I have a feathered mask. Its pink. What type of dress would go with that mask? Please any ideas will be great thanks!
If you have any suggestions for these girls, please let me know~