Printer Friendly Version
Popular Characters For Girls This Halloween
by Nicola Kennedy
When it comes to girls, there are some standard costumes that you will see year after year at Halloween time. With many of them, they wear the costume year round in creative play. Birthday parties year round are starting to have "theme" costumes, as well, and many of these will fit with those beautifully.
- Princess - The Disney Princesses are the most popular. With gorgeous dresses that go with Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White and Jasmine, you will surely find one that fits your child and that they will enjoy. Most toy stores carry these costumes year round, so you can find them on sale and stock up for future Halloweens.
- Ballerina - A very simple costume of a leotard and a tutu. Best used in warmer climates, as Halloween night can get chilly in some areas. I've found that these costumes often come with wings, making the costume more along the lines of a "Fairy Ballerina".
- Blue from Blue's Clues - no matter what you may think, Blue and Magenta are both girls. Most children know this! Blue can sometimes be worn on little boys, though, and Magenta is quite popular with the girls.
- Dora the Explorer - What an easy costume to either purchase or make yourself! With a simple pink t-shirt, red shorts, yellow socks and white tennis shoes, you have the costume pretty much complete. Add a purple backpack and some jewelry you find at a dollar store and you little girl can be Dora all year long.
- Various Animals and Bugs - Little girls love dressing as animals. At Halloween time, black cats and bunnies are popular. Bugs like bumblebees, ladybugs and butterflies are also everywhere! These costumes can be bigger and bulkier than some, so make sure to take into account how heavy it is and how far you are expecting your child to walk.
My best advice when costuming your child at Halloween is let them choose what they want. Don't make big plans and create a costume, only to turn around and see they want to buy something "cool" from the store. They are not going to have fun in a costume you force them to wear, which will ultimately ruin your night, too.
About the Author:
Nicola always enjoys Halloween parties with her family. Visit her Halloween site for tips and information about Childrens Halloween Costumes at www.Best-Halloween.com
Alphabet Soup also has wonderful recipes that children can make at Apple Recipes and Halloween Recipes!
|If you have any educational articles, homeschooling techniques, activities for
elementary aged children, parenting resources, hobbies/crafts, money-saving ideas, or family time activities, please submit them and we will be posting them soon! We
would love to hear from you!