Printer Friendly Version
"How To Make Your House Stand Out"
Nowadays, every building establishment seems to be a duplicate of the others in terms of design and structure. The same thing is true with homes particularly in the suburbs. Designs are almost identical. Even if you go to developers, you will be presented with very limited choices of layouts.
You are given less and less choices for your homes. Is there still a way to stand out from the rest of the other houses in your suburb? The key is to renovate and redesign. Why would you do these? When all of the houses in your neighborhood look the same, real estate value will be very competitive. Because the houses look the same, their value is almost the same as well even if you have invested more in your house.
To stand out from the rest of the houses in your area, follow these tips:
• Give your home a different aura. Make your house different from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. If you are going to sell the house, you will attract more buyers as a lot of people dare to be different. It will also give your house the chance to have high value compared to the other houses. You should consult engineering experts to give you more ideas on how to make your house different.
• A lot of people are going for the contemporary and minimalist design for their houses. Why not venture the other way around? Give your house a historic feel. Antique designs are usually appraised higher than contemporary houses.
• If your house is located in an area where history is the theme of most houses, then go for contemporary and futuristic design. The key is to be different from the rest.
• The outside space should not be left lying naked. You should plan to landscape the area. It will bring more value to the house and at the same time, it will make your house a good place to rest. Use your creativity in planning what to do with the outside space of your house. You can hire a landscape artist to ensure that the result of the work is really good.
• Don’t waste any space inside the house. Every part of the house should be usable. This is to give you more service for the money that you have spent when you were building that house. You will be surprised at how many things you can do in that spare room of yours that never get used.
Dare to be different. These tips will help you out.
About the Author:
Fehily Timoney & Company offers multi-disciplinary consultancy service specializing in various areas including energy, environment, waste management and civil infrastructure. With over a hundred qualified professionals, you can expect for nothing but the best of consultancy service. See Engineering Consultancy for a complete list of Fehily Timoney & Company services.
|If you have any educational articles, homeschooling techniques, activities for
elementary aged children, parenting resources, hobbies/crafts, money-saving ideas, or family time activities, please submit them and we will be posting them soon! We
would love to hear from you!